The much anticipated patch 2.4 went live in the US today (Europe tomorrow). New content and many changes which I’m sure will be discussed ad nauseum in the coming weeks. Official patch notes can be found here.
Here’s my grab bag of interesting bits from the patch (without regard to any degree of signficance other than my own sense of “hmm, interesting”):
- Diminishing returns on honor for kills is being eliminated (ganking FTW!).
- Honor will now be instantly calculated, and available for player use.
- Players that have the resurrection sickness debuff will be worth no honor.
- Transmute Arcanite no longer has a cooldown (*sniff* My personal 15G a day gravy train for 30 seconds of work has been nerfed.)
- Dungeon and Group Quest Experience: The amount of experience awarded for dungeon and 5-person group quests in Outland has been increased in almost all cases (Instance group FTW!).
- Primal Nether are no longer Bind on Pickup! (Earlthecat is a happy crafter)
- You can now link quests into the chat log by Shift-Clicking on the quest name in the quest log (now if you could just open the quest text by clicking on the tracker…)
- Stacked items for sale at the auction house now display the per unit price and per unit buyout price in the item mouseover. (Broken Auctioneer FTL!)
- A mailbox has been added to the inn in Darnassus. (Glad to see Azeroth is getting much needed improvements)
And of course, lets assume that all your Addons are belong to broken…